Water / Sewer Commission
About the Commission
The Water/Sewer Commission is a five member committee responsible for overseeing all matters related to public water and sewer in the Town of Charlton
Phase 1 of municipal operations recovery and reopening.
We are planning to implement Phase 1 of our municipal operations recovery and reopening plan beginning on Tuesday, May 26th.
Manyof our forms and permits for the Water/Sewer Dept are listed below.
Those looking to do business are still encouraged to do so by remote means through resources available at www.townofcharlton.net
If you are looking to do business necessary to be done in person, you will be required to set up an appointment and wear a face mask upon entering the building. Appointments can be made by calling 508-248-4953.
Water Main Project
Map of the proposed work from July 13-July 24, 2020
View the following water Press Releases:
- Estimating Water Costs for Charlton (PDF)
- ExxonMobil: Our Charlton Commitment
- Town of Charlton Water Agreement with ExxonMobil (PDF)
Sewer Moratorium update: At a regular scheduled meeting Monday, July 23, 2018, of the water and sewer commission the following motion was approved:
Mr. Lemansky motioned to extend the Moratorium to August 3, 2020, subject to the fact, that it can be modified by the Commission within these two years. The purpose of this Motion is to orderly and fairly, allocate the prescribed capacity in the following manner and amounts: The Capacity is 100,000 gallons per day of residential like sewerage. 50,000 gallons per day to be reserved for residential use, those residents within the current sewer area: and 50,000 gallons per day to be reserved for commercial and industrial growth. To qualify, for the commercial-industrial availability of 50,000 gallons per day, no one applicant will be allowed to request more than 10,000 gallons per day capacity without approval by the commission. Residential, commercial and industrial applicants, not within the service area can be reviewed by the Commission. The Commission has the right to review and modify this Moratorium at any time. This Motion shall remain in effect until August 3, 2020, or when capacity is reached, if sooner. Seconded by Mr. Jennings. Motion passes unanimously.
- 2020 Licensed Drainlayers
- Application - Drain Layer (PDF)
- Application - Sewer Connection Application Packet (PDF)
- Application for Metered Billing (PDF)
- Application for Water Tie In (PDF)
- Fee Schedule (PDF)
- Grinder Pump Policy (PDF)
- License for Drain Layers Bylaw (PDF)
- Rules and Regulations for Metered Water and Sewer Billing (PDF)
- Senior Citizen Sewer User Abatement Exemption Form (PDF)
- Water and Sewer Contact Information (PDF)
- Water and Sewer FAQs (PDF)
- Water Map with Water Main Extensions (PDF)