Water / Sewer Commission
About the Commission
The Water/Sewer Commission is a five member committee responsible for overseeing all matters related to public water and sewer in the Town of Charlton.
View the following water Press Releases:
- Estimating Water Costs for Charlton (PDF)
- ExxonMobil: Our Charlton Commitment
- Town of Charlton Water Agreement with ExxonMobil (PDF)
- Charlton Water Main Project: September 9 - September 20 Proposed Map
Please expect delays and possible detours in the following areas as the roads will be reclaimed and paved. The anticipated schedule is as follows:
- September 16: Paving Berry Corner Rd between H. Foote Rd and Ayers Rd.
- September 17 - 20: Reclamation and grading of H. Foote Rd starting at Berry Corner Rd.
- September 21 - Binder course paving H. Foote Rd. starting at Berry Corner Rd.
- September 23 - 27 - Continuing reclamation and grading of H. Foote Rd Toward Commercial Dr.
- September 28 - Finish binder course paving H. Foote Rd.
- Berry Corner Rd and H. Foote Rd. Detour Map
- Please see the attached Traffic Management Plan for Old Worcester Rd.
Sewer Moratorium update: At a regular scheduled meeting Monday, July 23, 2018, of the water and sewer commission the following motion was approved:
Mr. Lemansky motioned to extend the Moratorium to August 3, 2020, subject to the fact, that it can be modified by the Commission within these two years. The purpose of this Motion is to orderly and fairly, allocate the prescribed capacity in the following manner and amounts: The Capacity is 100,000 gallons per day of residential like sewerage. 50,000 gallons per day to be reserved for residential use, those residents within the current sewer area: and 50,000 gallons per day to be reserved for commercial and industrial growth. To qualify, for the commercial-industrial availability of 50,000 gallons per day, no one applicant will be allowed to request more than 10,000 gallons per day capacity without approval by the commission. Residential, commercial and industrial applicants, not within the service area can be reviewed by the Commission. The Commission has the right to review and modify this Moratorium at any time. This Motion shall remain in effect until August 3, 2020, or when capacity is reached, if sooner. Seconded by Mr. Jennings. Motion passes unanimously.
- Application - Drain Layer (PDF)
- Application - Sewer Connection Application Packet (PDF)
- Application for Metered Billing (PDF)
- Application for Water Tie In (PDF)
- Fee Schedule (PDF)
- Grinder Pump Policy (PDF)
- License for Drain Layers Bylaw (PDF)
- Rules and Regulations for Metered Water and Sewer Billing (PDF)
- Senior Citizen Sewer User Abatement Exemption Form (PDF)
- Water and Sewer Contact Information (PDF)
- Water and Sewer FAQs (PDF)
- Water Map with Water Main Extensions (PDF)