The bigger, the better! We invite everyone to participate in the parade. We hope to see:
- Decorated Power Wheels / Doll Carriages / Bikes / Wagons: This is especially fun for younger children! Encourage your child to decorate their doll carriage, bike, wagon (or other vehicle) and join the parade.
- Floats: Organizations (including churches) will enter floats - floats may be as elaborate as a decorated flat-bed or as simple as any interesting, decorated vehicle. The more colorful, the better. A little music is always nice.
- Marching units: Perhaps your organizations could form a special drill team for the occasion.
- Equestrian units: Horses help to make a parade. Let's see more of Charlton's finest!
- Automobiles: If you have an interesting older or classic car, show us! Perhaps you would like to provide transportation for a dignitary.
- Costumed characters: If you are not afraid to entertain the citizens of Charlton by appearing in a special costume, come and walk the parade!
Heather Clements, Parade Organizer, 508-450-4614