Board of Selectmen
NOTE: If you would like to get in touch with one of the selectmen, please click the email links above to submit your questions / comments. If you do not receive a response within 48 hours please contact the Board of Selectmen’s office directly. NOTE: Public Records Law states all electronic mail sent, or received and all other electronic communication received by way of the Town’s systems, or any address when in an official capacity, is considered a public record subject to inspection, disclosure, scheduled retention and disposition.
About the Board
The Board of Selectmen (BOS) consist of a five member elected board responsible for:
- Appointing Authority, letters of interest or a Talent Bank Form should be submitted to the BOS office
- Coordinates activities of other Boards, Committees, etc
- Follows Massachusetts General Laws relative to Selectmen's Duties
- Licensing Authority
- Overseers of all Town properties
- Sets policies and strategic directions
Residential Refuse Drop-Off Center
The residential drop-off at the Southbridge Landfill will be closing on November 24, 2018. Beginning December 1, the drop-off at 200 Leicester Street, North Oxford, will be accepting municipal solid waste and recyclables from verified Charlton residents on Saturdays from 7 a.m. to Noon. Free for Charlton residents for 5 years. For more information please contact the Town of Charlton at 508-248-2200. View more information on the residential drop-off center (PDF).