Charlton Municipal Offices
37 Main Street
Charlton, MA 01507
The following opportunities are currently available in the Town of Charlton. Please contact the appropriate person or department head if you are interested
Town government needs citizens that are registered voters to give of their time and talents serving the Town of Charlton. A Talent Bank Form has been established as a means of compiling a list of interested citizens willing to serve on a voluntary basis on a variety of boards and committees. Some boards meet often - some require less time - and some are busy at different times of the year. From time to time, there are also needs for advisory committees or sub-committees appointed to work on specific projects. If you are interested in serving, please indicate your preference by downloading the Talent Bank Form and mail with resume to: Selectmen's Office, 37 Main Street, Charlton, MA 01507 or FAX it to us at 508-248-2374.
Please complete an Application for Employment to be considered.
Requests for Proposals and Bids
- New Town of Charlton position - Human Resources Director.
- Provisional Police Chief: The Town of Charlton seeks applications from qualified candidates for the position of Provisional Police Chief to lead the Police Department until a permanent police chief is hired, expected November, 2017. Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to Town Administrator Robin L. Craver, Town of Charlton, 37 Main Street, Charlton, MA 01507. Submission Deadline: October 1, 2016 or until filled.
- Kitchen Aide: Send application and resume to Charlton Senior Center, 37 Main Street, Charlton, MA 01507. Submission Deadline: September 8, 2016 or until filled.
- COA Kitchen Assistant/Cook: Send application and resume to Charlton Senior Center, 37 Main Street, Charlton, MA 01507. Submission Deadline: October 20, 2016, or until filled.
- Seasonal Cemetery Maintenance Worker
- Board of Health - Department Assistant: Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to Town Administrator Robin L. Craver, Town of Charlton, 37 Main Street, Charlton, MA 01507. Submission Deadline: October 20, 2016 or until filled.
- Request for Proposal: Lease of Municipal Property for Communications Tower. Proposals must be received by 2:00 p.m., Monday, July 25, 2016 at the Office of the Town Administrator, Town Offices, 37 Main Street, Charlton, MA 01507. Download Notice
Note/Disclaimer: Bidders who download from the web need to notify the Town Administrator's office at 508-248-2206 to be notified of addendums or changes to the process.
Please complete a Talent Bank Form if you are interested in serving.
- Community Development Advisory Committee: The Board of Selectmen seeks volunteers to help guide community development activities in Charlton. Members will provide input to Town staff and their partners as they evaluate community needs, gather public input, update development strategies, and seek resources to implement specific projects. Projects supported through community development efforts may include housing rehabilitation, public facilities improvements, infrastructure upgrades (water, sewer, drainage, roads), social services, engineering and planning projects, and others. Meetings will be held approximately every 3-6 weeks during the annual grant cycle (Sept. through January) and every 3-4 months during other seasons. Applicants may submit letters of interest to Charlton Board of Selectmen, 37 Main St., Charlton MA 01507
- Fire Station Building Committee: The Board of Selectmen are looking for the following volunteers interested in serving the community on this committee: One member from an area fire departent and two members from the public. Send letter of interest to the Board of Selectmen, 37 Main St., Charlton, MA 01507.
- Finance Committee openings.
Interested candidates should contact Town Moderator, Peter Cooper at email@example.com.
- The Board of Selectmen are looking for members for the Open Space Committee. Anyone interested should submit letter to the Board of Selectmen, 37 Main St., Charlton MA 01507.
- WRTA (Worcester Regional Transportation Agency)
The Board of Selectmen is looking for a person. Interested in serving on the WRTA. Send letter of interest to the Board of Selectmen,
37 Main St.,
Charlton, MA 01507
- Alternate representative opening on the WRTA – Worcester Regional Transit Authority advisory board. Anyone wishing to be considered, should submit a letter of interest to the Board of Selectmen,
37 Main St., Charlton MA.
- The Charlton Arts and Activities Center is currently seeking a new board member. Interested parties should call 508-612-0293 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cultural Council (1)
- Historical Commission / Historic District Commission has five (5) openings.
Meetings are the first Monday of every month at 7:00pm at the Town Hall.
For more information, contact Bill Hultgren at 508-248-7034.
Submit letters of interest to the Charlton Board of Selectmen
37 Main St., Charlton MA
- Personnel Board (1)
- Zoning Board of Appeals is looking for two members: One (1) permanent member
and One (1) alternate member. Please submit letter of interest to the Board of Selectmen, 37 Main St.
Charlton, MA 01507
Click here for more information on these appointed and/or volunteer positions.
Types of Opportunities
Requests for Proposals/Bids
Application for Employment
Talent Bank Form