Library Online Permits Links Calendar Community Opportunities Forms and Regs Online Payments Minutes Fire Police Schools Departments Home
General Info

Charlton Municipal Offices
37 Main Street
Charlton, MA 01507

The following opportunities are currently available in the Town of Charlton. Please contact the appropriate person or department head if you are interested in applying.

Town government needs citizens that are registered voters to give of their time and talents serving the Town of Charlton. A Talent Bank Form has been established as a means of compiling a list of interested citizens willing to serve on a voluntary basis on a variety of boards and committees. Some boards meet often - some require less time - and some are busy at different times of the year. From time to time, there are also needs for advisory committees or sub-committees appointed to work on specific projects. If you are interested in serving, please indicate your preference by downloading the Talent Bank Form and mail with resume to: Selectmen's Office, 37 Main Street, Charlton, MA 01507 or FAX it to us at 508-248-2374.

Employment Requests for Proposals and Bids Note/Disclaimer: Bidders who download from the web need to notify the Town Administrator's office at 508-248-2206 to be notified of addendums or changes to the process.

  • Finance Committee: (One) 1 year opening and (One) 1 Alternate opening. Each for one year. The Finance Committee shall consider matters relating to the appropriation and expenditure of money by the Town, its indebtedness, the administration of its various departments, other municipal affairs of the Town and make reports and recommendations to the Town and shall submit a budget at each Annual Town Meeting. No member of the Finance Committee shall hold any other elective or appointive Town office or be employed by the Town. Interested candidates should send letter of interest to Peter Cooper, Jr., Town Moderator at Posted: June 16, 2015

  • The Charlton Arts and Activities Center is currently seeking a new board member. Interested parties should call 508-612-0293 or email

  • Council on Aging: Effective July 1, 2015, there will be one opening on the Council on Aging to fill a term for one year. The Council on Aging is responsible for representing and serving all the elders in the Community. Interested parties should send letter of interest to the Board of Selectmen, 37 Main St., Charlton, MA 01507 as soon as possible. Posted: June 16, 2015

  • Cultural Council (1)

  • Historical Commission / Historic District Commission has five (5) openings. Meetings are the first Monday of every month at 7:00pm at the Town Hall. For more information, contact Bill Hultgren at 508-248-7034. Submit letters of interest to the Charlton Board of Selectmen 37 Main St., Charlton MA

  • Personnel Board (1)

  • Zoning Board of Appeals is looking for two members: One (1) permanent member and One (1) alternate member. Please submit letter of interest to the Board of Selectmen, 37 Main St. Charlton, MA 01507
Click here for more information on these appointed and/or volunteer positions. If you are interested in serving, please complete the Talent Bank Form.
Types of Opportunities


Requests for Proposals/Bids



Application for Employment

Talent Bank Form