Charlton Municipal Offices
37 Main Street
Charlton, MA 01507
The following opportunities are currently available in the Town of Charlton. Please contact the appropriate person or department head if you are interested
Town government needs citizens that are registered voters to give of their time and talents serving the Town of Charlton. A Talent Bank Form has been established as a means of compiling a list of interested citizens willing to serve on a voluntary basis on a variety of boards and committees. Some boards meet often - some require less time - and some are busy at different times of the year. From time to time, there are also needs for advisory committees or sub-committees appointed to work on specific projects. If you are interested in serving, please indicate your preference by downloading the Talent Bank Form and mail with resume to: Selectmen's Office, 37 Main Street, Charlton, MA 01507 or FAX it to us at 508-248-2374.
Requests for Proposals and Bids
Note/Disclaimer: Bidders who download from the web need to notify the Town Administrator's office at 508-248-2206 to be notified of addendums or changes to the process.
- Notice of Sale - Town Vehicles. All sealed bids must be received by the Office of the Town Administrator, 37 Main Street, Charlton, MA 01507, no later than 2:00 p.m., Wednesday, June 10, 2015 at which time the bids will be opened publicly. Posted: May 24, 2015
Click here for more information on these appointed and/or volunteer positions. If you are interested in serving, please complete the Talent Bank Form.
- Charlton Government Study Committee: Anyone interested in being considered for this Committee must be a registered voter in the Town of Charlton. Interested persons should contact the Board/Committee or Moderator and ask to be considered. Letters of interest can be sent directly to the Selectmen’s office for forwarding. We anticipate the Board of Selectmen will make appointments and form the Government Study Committee at their July 7th meeting. Click here for more info.
- Finance Committee:
(One) 1 year opening and
(One) 1 Alternate opening.
Each for one year. The Finance Committee shall consider matters relating to the appropriation and expenditure of money by the Town, its indebtedness, the administration of its various departments, other municipal affairs of the Town and make reports and recommendations to the Town and shall submit a budget at each Annual Town Meeting. No member of the Finance Committee shall hold any other elective or appointive Town office or be employed by the Town.
Interested candidates should send letter of interest to Peter Cooper, Jr., Town Moderator at email@example.com. Posted: June 16, 2015
- Tree Warden:
The Board of Selectmen is looking for a resident of Charlton interested in serving in the position of Tree Warden. The Tree Warden follows Massachusetts General Laws and shall be qualified by training and experience in the field of arborculture and licensed with the department of food and agriculture in accordance with the provisions of section ten of chapter one hundred and thirty-two B.
Anyone interested should submit letter of interest to the Board of Selectmen, 37 Main St., Charlton, MA 01507 as soon as possible.
Posted: June 16, 2015
- The Charlton Arts and Activities Center is currently seeking a new board member. Interested parties should call 508-612-0293 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Council on Aging:
Effective July 1, 2015, there will be one opening on the Council on Aging to fill a term for one year.
The Council on Aging is responsible for representing and serving all the elders in the Community.
Interested parties should send letter of interest to the Board of Selectmen, 37 Main St., Charlton, MA 01507 as soon as possible.
Posted: June 16, 2015
- Cultural Council (1)
- Historical Commission / Historic District Commission has five (5) openings.
Meetings are the first Monday of every month at 7:00pm at the Town Hall.
For more information, contact Bill Hultgren at 508-248-7034.
Submit letters of interest to the Charlton Board of Selectmen
37 Main St., Charlton MA
- Personnel Board (1)
- Zoning Board of Appeals - 1 Alternate
Types of Opportunities
Requests for Proposals/Bids
Application for Employment
Talent Bank Form