100 Flint Road
Charlton, MA 01507
Mon - Fri
7:00 AM - 3:30 PM
The Highway Department is responsible for town owned properties, maintenance and repair of streets and roads, including repaving, drainage, snow and ice removal, sanding, street sweeping, roadside and right-of-way brush clearing, town parking lots, storm sewers, town sidewalks, and the reviewing of complete work. This department is also responsible for all town highway work scheduling and coordinating with other town departments and local public utilities.
Road and Bridge Notices 2016
- Driveway Permits and Bonds
- Road Opening Permit
- Private Snow Plow Contractors: Applications are available at the Highway Garage, 100 Flint Road, Charlton, MA.
Highway Replacing Walk in Front of Library - November 10, 2014
- Potter Village Road: Potter Village Road Bridge closed at Hylka’s Sand & Gravel. Entrance through Gravel Pit will NOT be allowed to bypass the bridge. Bridge closed until further notice.
- Stafford Street: The Mass Pike bridge on Stafford Street will be reduced to one lane to accommodate repairs. A traffic light has been erected and will only allow one lane to travel in either direction at a time. Expect delays through the winter.
- Guelphwood Road: Guelphwood Road will be closed from Denfield Road to the Southbridge line until further notice. Please seek alternate routes.
Sand/Salt: Charlton residents are able to go to 25 Old Town Rd. (Town Salt Shed) for sand/salt. There is a 2 bucket limit.
Notice: New petitions for private roads are available for pick-up at the Highway Department Office located at
100 Flint Road, Charlton, MA 01507. Petitions are required to continue maintenance and Snow and Ice removal on private roads.
Forms and Documents