37 Main Street
Charlton, MA 01507
at the Old #2 Schoolhouse on Northside Road
- May 23, 6:30 PM
Cultural Council Members
Don Gorczynski, Chairperson
Mark Cummings, Treasurer
Secretary and Publicity
Heath Drury Boote
Mary Jo Thomas
Our goal is the cultural and artistic enrichment of our community.
Charlton Cultural Council Grants for 2013
The Charlton Cultural Council is pleased to announce the recipients of this year’s grant allotment from the Massachusetts Cultural Council. The following twelve projects have been funded:
Members of the Charlton Cultural Council thank all applicants for their interest in enhancing the arts in the Charlton Community. Residents of the Charlton community and surrounding communities are invited to participate in these events in 2013.
- The Charlton Arts and Activities Center was awarded $600.00 for Display Lights.
- The Charlton Historical Society was awarded $600.00 for “Victorian Entertainment”.
- The Charlton Public Library was awarded $350.00 for “Having Fun with Pyramids and Pharaohs”.
- The Charlton Public Library was awarded $200.00 for a “Henna Tattoo Demonstration and Culture Lesson”.
- The Charlton Senior Center was awarded $450.00 for the musical program “Hear That Whistle Blow”.
- Edward L. Cope was awarded $375.00 for “Reading is Magic”, a program to be performed at the Charlton Public Library.
- Pete Cormier was awarded $233.00 for the “Midstate Trail Art Project”
- The Gateway Players Theatre, Inc. was awarded $400.00 for the “Youth Theatre Workshop”.
- The Golden Age Club was awarded $200.00 for the program, “Unsinkable”.
- Karen Higgens and Michele Ganger of Shepherd Hill Regional High School were awarded $140.00 for “Friends on the Hill".
- Jay Mankita was awarded $500.00 for his program “Eat Like a Rainbow” to be presented at the Charlton Heritage School.
- Mark Sherry was awarded $366.00 for “Laugh for the Health of It, Part II”, a program to be presented at the Charlton Senior Center.
Forms and Documents
Old Home Day Art Show Entry Form