NEWS and ANNOUNCEMENTS:
Earth Day Festival:
Saturday, April 25th. Clean up begins 8 AM followed by Earth Fest 11 AM - 2 PM. The Charlton Police Department will be hosting a Child Seat Safety Check from 10 AM - 2 PM. All are welcome! Click here for more info.
Saturday, May 2, 2015 from 8 AM - 8 PM
at Heritage School. Town Clerk
| Elections Page
FREE Fishing Day at Snows Pond:
Saturday, May 2, 2015 from 10 AM - 2 PM. Sponsored by Charlton Conservation Commission. Download flyer
The next session of the ongoing Planning Board public hearing on the Sunset City motocross/campground site plan application review is scheduled for Wednesday, May 6 at 7:30 p.m. in Dexter Hall, located on the second floor of the Charlton Public Library, 40 Main Street.
Thursday, May 7, 2015 from 9:30 AM - 1:30 PM at the Southbridge Community Center. FREE! Download Flyer
Annual Town Meeting:
Monday, May 18th at 7 PM at the Charlton Middle School. Download Warrant
- Annual Spring Cleanup: Monday, April 13, 2015. All flower pots, and all decorations must be
removed before this date. Any
items left behind will be
removed and discarded by
Cemetery Department personnel.
Seasonal items may be replaced
on lots after April 24, 2015. Cemetery Rules and Regulations have been updated.
- Saturday Burials: The Charlton Cemetery Commissioners regret to announce that at their April 6th meeting, it was unanimously voted to eliminate all Saturday burials, effective immediately. Read Annoucement.
The Open Air Burning season ends April 30, 2015. If you need a burning permit they are available on the Town of Charlton website
. They can be purchased 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
Notice of names of persons appearing to be owners of checks issued by the Town of Charlton, which have not been cashed and have been deemed abandoned. Visit the Town Treasurer's page
for more info.
Due to a burst pipe in the ceiling of the Town Clerk's office, the Town Clerk's office has been temporarily relocated to the Selectmen's Meeting Room.
FY2015 Triennial Certification Revaluation - Click here for Everything You Need To Know!
| Property Revaluation - Notice of Public Disclosure
Sunset City Project Information:
- Planning Board: The next session of the ongoing Planning Board public hearing on the Sunset City motocross/campground site plan application review is scheduled for Wednesday, May 6 at 7:30 p.m. in Dexter Hall, located on the second floor of the Charlton Public Library, 40 Main Street. The technical review topic for that evening’s hearing session with be traffic impact report revisions at the applicant’s request, as the applicant’s engineer is still working on revising civil engineering stormwater management/site lay-out design revision items for continued review at a future hearing session.
- Download the Noise Analysis Peer Review (Planning Board's consultant, HMMH)
- Download the Noise Analysis (Cavanough Tocci submitted to Planning Board)
- Download the Traffic Impact Analysis Peer Review (Planning Board’s consultant, Jennifer Conley)
- Download the Revised Traffic Impact Analysis Report (Lloyd Bristol submitted for site plan review)
- Download the Traffic Impact Analysis Report (Lloyd Bristol submitted for site plan review)
- Download the Site Plan Sheets. The Planning Board notes that these are the site plan sheets from the original application submittal and are subject to potential design revision as the site plan application review process proceeds.
Water connections are available for properties on Main Street, North Main Street, Northside Road, and Route 20. Call the Water and Sewer Commission at 508 248-4953 for information. Download Announcement
The FY 2015 tax rate for the Town of Charlton is $13.42 per thousand