NEWS and ANNOUNCEMENTS:
Next Household Hazardous Waste Day:
Saturday, March 28 from 9 AM - 1 PM at Casella Waste Services Facility, 165 Barefoot Road (across from the landfill). Download the Flyer
Zoning Board of Appeals:
ZBA will hold a meeting re: Sunset City on March 31, 2015 at 7 PM at the Charlton Library, Dexter Hall. Agenda
The next public hearing session re: Sunset City is Wednesday, April 1 at 7:15 p.m. in the auditorium of the Charlton Middle School. The review topic of this particular session of the ongoing public hearing is noise impact analysis. Agenda
Candidates are welcome to submit the following information via email to the webmaster at email@example.com
for inclusion on the Elections webpage
: name, address, phone number, personal email address, election web site address, position seeking, candidate statement, and/or photograph.
Notice of names of persons appearing to be owners of checks issued by the Town of Charlton, which have not been cashed and have been deemed abandoned. Visit the Town Treasurer's page
for more info.
The snow is melting exposing those brush piles. As of this point, the DEP has not, and most likely will not, extend the Open Air Burning season. The season ends April 30, 2015. If you need a burning permit they are available on the Town of Charlton website
. They can be purchased 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
Due to a burst pipe in the ceiling of the Town Clerk's office, the Town Clerk's office has been temporarily relocated to the Selectmen's Meeting Room. Regarding Dog Licenses: The late fee of $10.00 that begins March 1 will not begin until April 1.
2015 Dog Licenses are available in the Town Clerk's office or by mail in request. A late fee of $10.00 will be added to license fees if you fail to license by March 1 - extended to April 1.
Any dog owner failing to obtain a dog license is subject to a $50 fine by Animal Control.
Sunset City Project Information:
Rabies Clinic - April 11, 2015:
- Zoning Board of Appeals: ZBA will hold a meeting re: Sunset City on March 31, 2015 at 7 PM at the Charlton Library, Dexter Hall. Agenda
- Planning Board: The next public hearing session for the ongoing Sunset City motocross/campground site plan review is scheduled for Wednesday, April 1 at 7:15 p.m. in the auditorium of the Charlton Middle School. The review topic of this particular session of the ongoing public hearing is noise impact analysis. Agenda.
- Download the Noise Analysis (Cavanough Tocci submitted to Planning Board)
- Download the Traffic Impact Analysis Peer Review Memo (Planning Board’s consultant, Jennifer Conley)
- Download the Traffic Impact Analysis Report (Lloyd Bristol submitted for site plan review)
- Download the Site Plan Sheets. The Planning Board notes that these are the site plan sheets from the original application submittal and are subject to potential design revision as the site plan application review process proceeds.
Charlton Animal Control is holding a Rabies and Microchipping Clinic on Saturday, April 11, 2015 from 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM at the Charlton Municipal Animal Shelter, 15 Old Town Road, Charlton. Rabies vaccinations are $12 each. Micro-chips are $20 each. NO checks or credit/debit cards accepted. Dogs MUST be on leash and cats MUST be in carriers. Please bring previous rabies certificate to determine if you are eligible for a 3 year rabies vaccination. State law requires that all dogs and cats over 6 months of age have a valid rabies vaccination. Questions? Call Charlton Animal Control at 508-248-2266.
The Charlton Cemetery Department will begin its annual
Spring cleanup on Monday,
April 13, 2015. All flower pots,
and all decorations must be
removed before this date. Any
items left behind will be
removed and discarded by
Cemetery Department personnel.
Seasonal items may be replaced
on lots after April 24, 2015. Cemetery Rules and Regulations
have been updated.
The Town Hall will be closed Monday, April 20, 2015 in observance of Patriot's Day
Town Clerk Office Hours Week of April 20, 2015:
4-20 Mon: CLOSED, 4-21 Tue: CLOSED, 4-22 Wed: 7:30 AM - 4 PM, 4-23 Thu: 7:30 AM - 4 PM
Earth Day Festival:
Saturday, April 25th. Clean up begins 8 AM followed by Earth Fest 11 AM - 2 PM. All are welcome! Click here for more info.
- Saturday, May 2, 2015 from 8 AM - 8 PM
at Heritage School. Town Clerk
| Elections Page
Thursday, May 7, 2015 from 9:30 AM - 1:30 PM at the Southbridge Community Center. FREE! Download Flyer
FY2015 Triennial Certification Revaluation - Click here for Everything You Need To Know!
| Property Revaluation - Notice of Public Disclosure
Water connections are available for properties on Main Street, North Main Street, Northside Road, and Route 20. Call the Water and Sewer Commission at 508 248-4953 for information. Download Announcement
The FY 2015 tax rate for the Town of Charlton is $13.42 per thousand